29 April 2020

Senior | The Shoot: How I Work

SENIOR PORTRAITS | MaKenna © Jenny Hansen Photography, 2020.

SENIOR PORTRAITS | MaKenna

My job is to enhance your philosophy of style. I’ll use a variety of lenses to get full length, mid-length and close-ups. I welcome your ideas for location and I have a few favorites I can recommend. If this is your first solo shoot, it might feel a little awkward. So, I’ll take a few “icebreakers” just to get you warmed up. I want you to be relaxed in your photos, so we like to joke around with you and make it fun.

Why Does it Matter Having Portraits Done?

Your family photos are treasures that can never be replaced. Those milestones in your life can be forever captivated and passed down from one generation to the next. Whether you need individual images for business purposes, senior photos, or captivating moments of your child, we can provide the perfect blend of photojournalism along with professional posing techniques. My goal is to make your photo session fun, easygoing and as professional as possible. My images are unique to every family, whether you want to capture love for an engagement session, bridal portrait session or remember how your child looked on their sixteenth birthday. You are welcome to bring ideas too. If you have favorite looks that you have seen in a magazine bring them with you. During your consultation, I will get to know you and suggest backdrops or locations that reflect your personality.
SENIOR PORTRAITS | Lindsey © Jenny Hansen Photography, 2020.

A Few Tips & Reminders

1) Props can add interest and personality to your photos. If you would like to include props, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly. 2) Session time varies depending on the package you select. Regular sessions range between 1 to 2.5 hours. 3) I'd love to share some of my favorite locations! Don't feel like you are limited to my suggestions. Pick a place where they are comfortable being themselves. 4) Get yourself excited about the session. Whether you go all out on a styled shoot or purchase new outfits for yourself. 5) $50.00 of the total cost is due at booking as a non-refundable retainer. The remaining balance is due 7 days prior to the photography session. 6) During the pre-consultation I will discuss your vision and my experience. If there is an image from Pinterest that you love, bring it in and we'll look at it together. 7) The best time for an outdoor photo session is either early in the morning or right around sunset. I’ve found that the best light is usually 15-20 minutes before sunset and 15-20 minutes after. You can visit timeanddate.com to get an accurate time for sunset on your scheduled photo session day and then back up approx. 1 hour to 1.5 hours from that time for start time. You want to make sure to factor in extra time just in case you happen to be running late, want to change outfits during the session, etc. 8) All sessions include travel to the location, my services during the shoot and basic editing of the images. A set number of images are provided upon completion based on the duration of session. For example, with an hour session you will usually receive a min. 35-40 images. Hi resolution images with reprint permission are including in some of our most popular packages. 9) I accept cash, check, and Venmo. 10) Turnaround for photos is approx. 1-2 weeks. I will usually post a few sneak peak images to social media within 24-48 hours of photographing the session, so make sure you are connected!

Closing

Remember, senior sessions are all about the extraordinary phase of life that you are in. It’s a great way to kick off the new school season, but I’m available to shoot them at anytime throughout the year! Schedule your session today jenny@jennyhansenphotography.com.

Ready To Set Up Your Session?

So, now you're ready to set up your session. How do you get a hold of me? Visit my "Contact Me" page. For more information regarding your portrait package options, please visit my "Investment" page. Senior