03 April 2020

FAMILY PORTRAITS | The Foster's

FAMILY PORTRAITS | The Foster's © Jenny Hansen Photography, 2020.



FAMILY PORTRAITS | The Foster's


This family has been my biggest repeat "clients." Well, to be completely honest, this is my brother's family, and they really didn't have much of a choice. I practiced my photography skills on this family since 2007. I started doing their family portraits the Christmas after their youngest son was born. They have helped me to grow, to learn, and to shape my technique over the years. Their youngest son is now 10 years old. My sister-in-law often jokes that I am the only one who can get their boys to smile and catch it. They are getting close to that age now, though, where they suffer #photographersfamilysyndrome.


Black Hill County Wyoming & South Dakota


Who here has heard of the US's first National Monument, Devil's Tower? Those of you not familiar with it may recognize this monolith from the 1970's movie, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." You remember the part where Richard Dreyfus starts going crazy, and created this monolith out of mashed potatoes, and then brought in dirt and chicken wire into the house to make an even larger replica? He then traveled to the outskirts of Wyoming, to find there was a military installation built on top, attempting to make contact with aliens. Well, the actual KOA just outside of this Monument won't let you forget either.

But, back to my point before I got distracted. For years now, I have had the dream of creating their family portraits on the ranch they reside on. The 1,500-acre ranch is located just a few miles (as the crow flies) from Devil's Tower. You can see Devil's Tower from the top hay field on the ranch. My brother works hard to cut and bale the hay grown on this ranch. And, it's not the smallish, rectangle shaped bales we typically see in California. These large, round bales weight between 1,000 to 1,200 lbs. I would love to set up a few staggered bales in the top field, and pose them near sunset... the magical Golden Hour.. It's not a typical area I use for my portraits, but it definitely is representative for this family.








Closing


I am excited to get to know you and your family. If you love colorful, vibrant, authentic images utilizing play and connection, then I am the girl for you!



Ready To Set Up Your Session?


So, now you're ready to set up your session. How do you get a hold of me? Visit my "Contact Me" page. For more information regarding your portrait package options, please visit my "Investment" page.